Forgot to update yesterday. Oops.
Got my Shakespeare fix last night. We went to see a local production of The Merry Wives of Windsor. I’d never seen or read that one before, but I managed to follow along just fine. (I did read the synopsis of the play, so I knew who the major characters were and what they were up to, but I didn’t get lost in the language.) It was fun! I haven’t seen many of the comedies before, because all I ever studied in school were the tragedies.
Yesterday’s writing was…well, I had no idea what I was going to do. The characters are still about three weeks away from the lead-up to the climax, but they’re settling into a routine. I can’t think of anything else to throw in to shake things up. But it turns out that I can eat up a lot of word count by writing kink scenes. So…yay. That was the entirety of today’s writing. The scene’s nearly done, so I think when I’m done it, I’m just going to jump ahead a couple of weeks.
I’ve also been…cheating? I guess? But not in a bad way. Is there another word for that? The only thing I can think of is “cheating.” The last couple of days, I’ve been left just wanting to write, write, write. So when I’m done everything else, I’ve just…started working on something else. By hand. I’m not counting it toward my daily word count. I could, I guess, but I don’t want to get too distracted from my other project. So far, it’s just a scene that I’ve toyed with on and off for a few years, with a new type of vampire. I want to spin it into something bigger, but it’s not there yet. It’s been a few years since I’ve touched the character. I couldn’t even remember her name at first.
Maybe that’s what I’ll work on once this round is done. I’ll have exactly eight weeks until NaNo starts, and I need something to work on in that time.